What personal information does The VP collect?
We routinely collect information when members join and renew their membership. This may include:
- email addresses;
- addresses; and
- phone numbers.
We also collect personal information when members and non-members audition for a production. In addition to names and contact details, we are likely to take photographs, especially during a production, which will never be reproduced without your explicit consent.
We may also keep a record of your transactions with The VP and any correspondence between us, which may include details of:
- ticket purchases and event attendance;
- contact preferences;
- any donations given; and
- details of any correspondence sent to you or received from you.
How is personal data stored?
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations Act 2018 all personal information will be held securely and used with care and in accordance with this policy.
The VP’s Treasurer carefully stores records of any payments made to members (for example when refunding any production costs incurred by that member) or any donations received.
What is personal information used for?
The VP only collect any personal information about you that you have knowingly provided.
We use members’ data for administering your membership & communicating information. The data gathered during auditions and rehearsals is held by the production team (including the director, producer and any appropriate support).
Subject to your prior approval we may communicate with you:
- by email or by post to inform you about the productions that we plan to stage or collaborate on. Where we communicate with you by email as a member of a group, we will “Blind” copy [BCC] you so that your email address is not visible to others; and
- by telephone only when email or post may not be sufficiently timely, for instance when we must cancel a performance or rehearsal at short notice.
The VP newsletter
Our Newsletters and other notifications will be sent to you by email or, if you prefer, by post. Occasionally, we may contact you by telephone: for example, to check your email address, or to request help with a certain production or event etc. Your membership is renewed on an annual basis in January each year and, by doing so, you are automatically allowing us to continue to send you these notifications and to make contact with you until such time that you no longer wish to receive them.
You can opt-out of these notifications at any time by sending an email, with the heading “Unsubscribe” to: email@example.com or, you can write to, or telephone, the Membership Secretary or Chairman details of whom are given in our Newsletters and on our website (https://villageplayersrushlakegreen.co.uk) at which point your details will be deleted from our records.
Online ticket purchases
In addition to this policy your personal data is protected in the UK by the General Data Protection Regulations Act 2018. In accordance with this Act, The VP will process any data we hold about you only in a lawful and fair manner. The VP will keep your data secure to prevent unauthorised access by third parties. Your personal data may have to be disclosed if we are required to disclose it by law or as a result of a lawful request by a governmental or law enforcement authority.
You have the right to:
- request to view all the personal data that The VP holds about you;
- request us to amend or delete all personal data, with the exception of your name alone held by us;
- withdraw your consent to us communicating with you at any time; and
- to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
If you want to contact us about your personal data email us at:
or write to us at: The Village Players, Pond Cottage, Rushlake Green, Heathfield TN21 9QN